CalRHA and its affiliates represent the largest voice and views of rental housing owners, builders, developers and managers.
- CalRHA is the only organization representing all aspects of the rental housing industry.
- CalRHA has over 16,000+ members and represents 516,000+ rental units throughout the state.
- CalRHA advocates legislation designed to address the pressing problems and concerns of rental housing owners and professionals.
- CalRHA works closely with the National Apartment Association / National Multihousing Council Joint Legislative Office on federal issues affecting the multifamily rental housing industry, such as fair housing and environmental regulations.
- The CalRHA affiliates advise local associations on city and county ordinances and other issues.
- Through grassroots activities and one of the largest trade association Legal Defense Funds in the state, CalRHA and its affiliates supports candidates for the California Legislature and statewide office who will be receptive to industry positions.
- CalRHA members play a crucial role in our success. Personal contact between our members and legislators who pass laws is the most important tool CalRHA has to bring about positive change for the rental housing industry.
Current Status of Legislative Issues (May 26th, 2020)
All CalRHA affiliates and its members belong to the National Apartment Association (NAA) in Washington D.C., which speaks for our industry on a national level.
The NAA, in partnership with the National Multi Housing Council, maintains a full-time legislative staff that monitors national legislative activity and lobbies for our industry’s interests.
CalRHA volunteer members serve on the NAA Legislative Committee and maintain contact with our U.S. Senators and U.S. Representatives to enable them to understand the apartment industry’s point of view.
The National Apartment Association (NAA) is America’s leading advocate for quality rental housing. NAA’s mission is to serve the interests of multifamily housing owners, managers, developers and suppliers and maintain a high level of professionalism in the multifamily housing industry to better serve the rental housing needs of the public.
NAA is a federation of 150+ state and local affiliates, comprised of more than 83,000 multifamily housing companies representing more than 10.2 million apartment homes throughout the United States and Canada. Members in good standing of any affiliated association are automatically considered members of NAA and entitled to NAA benefits.
Our members represent all facets of the multifamily housing industry: apartment owners, management executives, developers, builders, investors, property managers, leasing consultants, maintenance personnel, suppliers and related business professionals throughout the United States and Canada.
NAA provides a wealth of information through advocacy, research, technology, education and strategic partnerships. Through a joint legislative alliance with the National Multi Housing Council, NAA protects and represents our members’ interests with regard to legislative and regulatory issues at the federal government level. NAA monitors legislation and regulations in all 50 states and shares that information with your local and state affiliate staff.
We continually provide education and training opportunities for both multi-site managers and onsite staff. The NAA Education Institute offers six nationally recognized designation programs and actively promotes the apartment industry as a viable career choice.
NAA publishes the monthly units Magazine and other industry publications.
In addition, NAA offers the industry’s premier education conference and trade show, the NAA Education Conference & Exposition, attracting thousands of multifamily housing professionals seeking education, networking and business opportunities.
Our purpose is to support an industry that offers safe, affordable multifamily housing to the public, equitably compensates its workforce, and provides investors with a fair and reasonable rate of return.