ADVOCACY FOR ALL STAKEHOLDERS
CalRHA and its local affiliates are your biggest advocate for the rental housing industry.
CalRHA realizes you (our members) are the industry’s best tool when it comes to urging elected officials to hear our concerns.
CalRHA and its affiliates use sophisticated “Calls-to-Action” when your representatives need to hear from you on legislation.
CalRHA and its affiliates represent the largest voice and views of rental housing owners, builders, developers, and managers.
- CalRHA is the only organization representing all aspects of the rental housing industry.
- CalRHA has almost 24,000 members and represents over 653,000 rental units throughout the state.
- CalRHA advocates legislation designed to address the pressing problems and concerns of rental housing owners and professionals.
- CalRHA works closely with the National Apartment Association / National Multihousing Council Joint Legislative Office on federal issues affecting the multifamily rental housing industry, such as fair housing and environmental regulations.
- The CalRHA affiliates advise local associations on city and county ordinances and other issues.
- Through grassroots activities and one of the largest trade association’s Legal Defense Funds in the state, CalRHA and its affiliates support candidates for the California Legislature and statewide office who will be receptive to industry positions.
- CalRHA members play a crucial role in our success. Personal contact between our members and legislators who pass laws is the most important tool CalRHA has to bring about positive change for the rental housing industry.
All CalRHA affiliates and its members belong to the National Apartment Association (NAA) in Washington D.C., which speaks for our industry on a national level.
The NAA, in partnership with the National Multi Housing Council, maintains a full-time legislative staff that monitors national legislative activity and lobbies for our industry’s interests.
CalRHA volunteer members serve on the NAA Legislative Committee and maintain contact with our U.S. Senators and U.S. Representatives to enable them to understand the apartment industry’s point of view.
The National Apartment Association (NAA) is America’s leading advocate for quality rental housing. NAA’s mission is to serve the interests of multifamily housing owners, managers, developers and suppliers and maintain a high level of professionalism in the multifamily housing industry to better serve the rental housing needs of the public.
NAA is a federation of 150+ state and local affiliates, comprised of more than 86,000+ multifamily housing companies representing more than 11.5+ million apartment homes throughout the United States and Canada. Members in good standing of any affiliated association are automatically considered members of NAA and entitled to NAA benefits.
Our members represent all facets of the multifamily housing industry: apartment owners, management executives, developers, builders, investors, property managers, leasing consultants, maintenance personnel, suppliers and related business professionals throughout the United States and Canada.
NAA provides a wealth of information through advocacy, research, technology, education and strategic partnerships. Through a joint legislative alliance with the National Multi Housing Council, NAA protects and represents our members’ interests with regard to legislative and regulatory issues at the federal government level. NAA monitors legislation and regulations in all 50 states and shares that information with your local and state affiliate staff.
We continually provide education and training opportunities for both multi-site managers and onsite staff. The NAA Education Institute offers six nationally recognized designation programs and actively promotes the apartment industry as a viable career choice.
NAA publishes the monthly units Magazine and other industry publications.
In addition, NAA offers the industry’s premier education conference and trade show, the NAA Education Conference & Exposition, attracting thousands of multifamily housing professionals seeking education, networking and business opportunities.
Our purpose is to support an industry that offers safe, affordable multifamily housing to the public, equitably compensates its workforce, and provides investors with a fair and reasonable rate of return.
The California Rental Housing Association (CalRHA) represents almost 24,000 members totaling more than 653,000 units, made up of small, medium and large rental housing owners throughout the State of California.
Our purpose is to advocate in the best interest of the rental housing industry and collectively address industry needs.
GET IN TOUCH
BEFORE REACHING OUT TO US, PLEASE READ:
All information provided by CalRHA is intended for general information only, and should not be construed as legal, tax, or financial advice applicable to your particular situation. CalRHA was established to serve the needs of property owners, managers and other stakeholders involved in providing quality rental housing to California residents.
LEAVE US A MESSAGE:
(916) 656-5959 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1121 L Street, Suite 105
Sacramento, CA 95814
TERMS & CONDITIONS
As a property/owner member of CalRHA you are entitled to all membership benefits and services at member rates, which also includes National Apartment Association (NAA) rates.
Additionally, as a supplier member of CalRHA, $30 of your annual membership dues goes towards a one-year subscription to units Magazine and is non-deductible for association dues payment.
In compliance with the Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1993, 70% of your annual membership dues goes towards lobbying expenses and is non-deductible for association dues payment.